PSIMA’s is about developing the psychology field in Malaysia.
All Malaysians want to make a significant and positive contribution to our nation. We at PSIMA want to help Malaysia develops in a way that enriches the lives of all people and brings its diverse communities together.
Our Main Priorities
- To work with the Malaysian government to institute registration for professional psychologists which will safeguard the profession of psychology and ensure a high level of service and ethical practice.
- To encourage greater cooperation, coordination and partnership among Malaysian universities' psychology departments, of which will raise the standards of academic programs and will encourage more research collaboration in Malaysian psychology.
Other Main Priorities
- To provide continuing professional development for all psychology graduates, irrespective of their areas of practice, to ensure they remain up to date with current knowledge bases, skillsets and professional standards.
- To inspire, guide and challenge psychology students to prepare themselves adequately for their careers in psychology and to ensure their employability in a variety of industries and sectors.
- To ensure psychology contributes to the development and improved wellbeing of Malaysians by addressing issues of national relevance including national unity, poverty, crime and mental health.
We want to invite all of you to be part of our psychology community and hope this website will help you engage with our various initiatives.